Snowy Soo

Winter Railroading.

Thursday 22 May 2014

What's up with no updates?

When winter recedes, I'm more likely to spend my days railfanning on my bike than layout-building in the basement. 


With the last layout update stretching back a ways now, I wanted to post and  explain why I've not posted in recent weeks.

I've not lost interest in the project. In fact, I'm feeling pretty good about the progress made and lessons learned so far. I wanted to get back into the hobby by building a simple, small switching layout that is prototype-based and enjoyable to operate and I'm well on my way to doing that.

But after a long, unrelenting winter, the good weather has arrived here in Ontario and when that happens, I turn my attention to outdoor activities with my family.

The following statement may be blasphemy to many of you, but here it is: For me model railroading is largely a seasonal pursuit, a way to spend the winter hours that doesn't involve looking into some kind of screen.

I do expect to do an update in a few weeks, one that wraps the progress made over the winter months and outlines the goals for the next year. But after that, expect the posts to tail off a bit, at least until the cold weather returns. And that will surely happen before I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment